Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Apple Season



It's apple season...well here in Victoria/Melbourne it is. Just the other day I picked some apples from one of my apple trees. There is not much better than fruit picked from your own trees.

Well, a mud cake might be slightly better, depending on your mood. This one is a bit of a mish mash on the inside. A white choc mud/choc marble cake make up the top and bottom layers and sandwiched in between is a layer of devils food cake. It was filled and covered in ganache and then covered and decorated with fondant.

After a dodgy job of covering the cake (the fondant dried out a bit too much and started to crack and tear) I had to think of a way to hide the awful bits. Considering my recent apple harvest, I decided on an apple orchid.

2 comments:

  1. I know...anything fresh off a tree really...have some pink lady apples not quite ripe still too.

    ReplyDelete