Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stomp, Stomp Stomp

My kids love dinosaurs...my son in particular. What is it about boys and dinosaurs...hmm? I wanted to practice some decorating. I bought a cheap cake mix and added a few extra's to it so it'd taste good (was a butter cake mix with lemon essence, poppy seeds and melted white chocolate added).
I made a lemon, white chocolate ganache and proceeded to decorate.

Dinosaurs!!!

Lessons learned:
1. White chocolate ganache doesn't really set when it's warm and humid! OK, so I've read about that one numerous times, but now I have 1st hand experience.
2. I need to work on losing the ganache mound on top of the cake.
3. I have noticed more improvements in my covering and my edges are heaps better too!

Anyway, "the dinosaurs were dancing in a prehistoric swap. They shook their heads, swished their tails and did the dino stomp. Dance dino, dance dino, stomp, stomp, stomp...."

No comments:

Post a Comment