Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Love Cupcakes

I really love cupcakes. I love the ready made serve of cake, I love the opportunity they give me to practice a bit of decorating, I love trying new cake recipes with them and I love how they look. And most importantly, they are YUM (unless something goes wrong)!!

This week I made a couple of different cupcakes. The first was a chocolate recipe I hadn't tried before..was ok...but not great. I made some whipped choc-mint ganache and practiced piping swirls on them. This is they:


The next ones I had a go at were devils food cupcakes. These were good. Not too sweet, so really lent themselves to a bit of ganache (milk chocolate) decorated with fondant. This is what I did with them:


Oh so pretty!! I think these would be great for a special celebration cupcake stand, don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment