Friday, February 18, 2011

Experiment Gone Wrong

OK, so the other day I posted on my facebook page that I was going to make a Mars bar cake...
I baked a caramel mud cake which was yum, cut it in half then filled and covered with milk chocolate ganache. Mistake number 1 - I used the cheapest compound chocolate I could get from the supermarket. It was disgusting and the ganache was not that great.

Then came decorating time. I had no plan in mind. Mistake number 2 - having no plan at all. I thought about mixing all the fondant I had left to give a marble affect. Didn't work out so well. Then I had the bright idea (well, turns out not so bright) of making it into pouring fondant and covering the cake with that. Mistake number 3 - actually following through with that idea.

After a very ordinary job of covering the cake I did a very ordinary job of decorating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment